Sunday, December 21, 2008

Anything Can Happen If You Let It

I mentioned in my first post that I had known that if I got the job at Disney I wanted to write a blog about it. I was always thinking about what I wanted to call it but when I was driving to Winnipeg to visit Hannah I decided on "Anything Can Happen If You Let It." I had an 8 hour drive and lots of time to think (which of course meant thinking of Disney) and listen to music. About halfway to Winnipeg I was listening to Mary Poppins the Musical. Near the end of the cd is the song "Anything Can Happen." I have always loved this song and I felt that it is perfect, since working at Disney has always been my dream and I have never given up on it. My favourite lines are
"If you reach for the stars
All you get are the stars
But we've found a whole new spin
If you reach for the heavens
You get the stars thrown in"

I think Walt Disney would love those lines and the message to the entire song.

Here is the song on youtube. There is some dialogue in the middle but the song continues at 7:30. Or for just the song, this one is the original London Cast and follws closer to the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment