Thursday, November 12, 2009

Getting Closer to being caught up

Friday October 2 – I worked 4-10. When I was done work I changed and walked over to the Boardwalk Hotel. I got a bus from there to downtown Disney where I was meeting people to go see the Invention of Lying. The previews made the movie seem hilarious so we were all kind of disappointed when it wasn’t very good.

Saturday October 3 – I got up bright and early to go downtown Orlando. A bunch of people from Epcot were volunteering in the Heart Walk so I went. It was lots of fun because we just talked and sang as we walked. And we got Volunt-ear shirts and flags. Here are some pictures. After the walk I went home and had a nap before working from 4-10. This was my very last TCR shift. They have decided to have 2 UK people do it instead of 1 Canada and 1 UK. There are a few reasons they have for doing it and I am pretty excited. Also that day was AMAZING! A guest came to the cart to pin trade and he had a really cool one I had never seen. So we started talking about random Disney things, because it was from something that most people don’t know about and he was impressed. I think it may have been the Reluctant Dragon. So we talked for awhile and somehow got on to the topic of Disney legends that he has met. One that is actually good friends with is Richard Sherman!!! Richard and Robert Sherman are brothers who have written tons of songs for Disney. Including Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, The Aristocats and It’s a Small World. These guys are huge! Anytime mum hears a song she asks us who it is, we always answer Sherman and Sherman because when we were younger it usually was them. So you can imagine I freaked out a little when I heard this guest is friends with one of them. We had to stop talking because I had to go on my break. But a little later Cassandra gave me a piece of paper with his phone number saying that if I am ever in California I should call him and he can introduce me to some of his friends! He came in the store later that night to make sure I got his message and to reassure me that I can call him.

Sunday October 4 – I worked 10:30-4:30. Another change that was made is that the 2 opening people will come in at 10:30 instead of 10. Before work I called mum to tell her about my guest the day before. She wasn’t home so I left a message (well two actually, the machine cut me off). She called me back but since my phone was on vibrate I didn’t hear it. But her message was one of the funniest things I have ever heard! I let everyone listen to it for the next few days. Mel worked later than me that day and she said the guest came back in. She told him about Mum’s message which he found really funny. He told her that he was serious and that if I can come out in December he will take me to Richard Sherman’s Christmas party that he has every year! Sadly I can’t get time off in December. Movie night that night was Mel’s (not room mate) pick but she had a closing popcorn shift and got out really late. We decided since it was late and we hadn’t heard from her we would just put something on and let her watch her movie the following week. We decided to watch Anchorman which has to be one of the funniest movies ever made.

Monday October 5 – Happy Birthday to Nana!! I called her and of course she kept wanting to hang up saying my mum wasn’t home. Crazy lady doesn’t know that people may want to call her. That day I worked 10:30-4:30. At games that night we played Pictionary. My team kicked some serious butt. It was awesome!

Tuesday October 6 – I worked 10:30-4:30 again and met with Rob and Mel. DeAnna joined us because she got an Early Release (ER). We went the France bakery so they could grab something to eat and walked around a bit. We then got the bus and went to Patterson Court (the newest and nicest apartment complex). They were having a multicultural party. We went and got our free food, the theme was China and the food was pretty good. We sat talking for a little while and listened to the music. We then walked around for a little bit. Met Mulan, had our names written in Chinese, met Chip and Dale in the Chinese clothes and watched the Chinese acrobats. It was fun and I definitely enjoyed the free food! After, we walked to Bryce and Heather’s apartment and sat outside waiting for them. We had plans to watch Rent really loudly and sing along. Heather also had Canadian iced tea (which I have missed) and popcorn. It was tons of fun. Here are pictures from the day.

Wednesday October 7 – I was off. Mel (not roommate), Rob and I went to Blizzard Beach. It was the perfect day for it and we had lots of fun. I especially loved going on the group raft slide because we could see all of Walt Disney World from up there. I really wish I had a waterproof camera because it would be a really pretty picture. Mel (roommate) wanted to go to Carrabas so we went there and a little later I watched Yes Man with Jim Carey. Such a funny movie!

Thursday October 8 – I went to Universal Studios with Heather, Bryce, Cynthia and Maggie (one of the attractions coordinators. We were only there for a few hours but we managed to get on quite a few rides. I also learned a fun fact. The palm trees at Seuss landing are all crooked. Those trees were originally in southern Florida but were hit by a hurricane that bent them. They wouldn’t grow straight again so Universal bought them and moved them up because that is perfect for the Dr. Seuss part of the park. We also saw the new Harry Potter part they are building that I took some pictures of. I will be so upset if it isn’t done by the time I have to leave.

Friday October 9 – I worked 3:30-9:30. Mel and I were planning on going to Carrabas for dinner after work but we were invited to the Olive Garden with all of the attractions people. We got a ride home from work and quickly changed and went out again. They have this really good deal where you can get unlimited pasta for $8.95 so nearly all of us did that. Our waiter was really nice and let us all get a second bowl (because the first one is pretty big) and gave us take out containers. We also put the break sticks in the containers so we all had really good lunches the next day.

Saturday October 10 – I worked 12:30-9. I can’t remember if I did anything after work. I know I saw Toy Story 1 and 2 in 3D at some point so maybe I did that after work.

Sunday October 11 – I worked 10:30-4:40. Dan, DeAnna and I hung out for a little while before movie night. We watched the food network. There was a challenge on and then Iron Chef America. It is such a good show. That night was Mel’s pick for movie night. Or her makeup pick and she chose the old Batman movie. I was so tired that night for some reason and didn’t last very long before I fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the movie and went home.

Monday October 12 – I worked 10:45-4:45 but got an ER at 3. Joanne, mum’s friend, had been in town for a few days but I hadn’t seen her yet. She finally stopped by when I was working so we had a good chat. It was Canadian Thanksgiving so we told lots of guests about it. Most were confused and thought we were crazy celebrating Thanksgiving in October. A little while after getting home Mel, Sean and I went to Publix. The restaurant at Epcot was putting on a potluck for all of the cast members. They were making the few main things and everyone else was bringing stuff. I still didn’t know what I was going to make until I walked around the store for awhile. I decided on chocolate covered strawberries. We then came back to the commons and all made our food over at Sean’s. Mine was really easy to make because I found some chocolate stuff that you just have to microwave and it’s set. It was a little more money but so much easier. I couldn’t believe the amount of food that had been brought to the dinner. Our managers were there and nearly everyone in the pavilion so it was lots of fun. They also had prizes that they gave out. I won a Vivaldi CD. The picture is of DeAnna being fed some of her dinner.

Tuesday October 13 – I worked 10:45-4:45. Mel and Rob met me after work and we went over to the Yacht and Beach Club Resort. Joanne was staying there and gave me a room key so that we could go swimming. We hung out in the room for awhile then went to the pool. This hotel has the best pool in all of Walt Disney World. It is all sand on the bottom which is weird but really cool. The first thing we did was go down the slide. It was weird when you landed at the bottom and felt the sand. So we swam around there for a bit then went to the second pool! Yep second! There are actually 3 different pools. The first one has the slide and is a pretty consistent depth. The second one starts at about 4 feet then goes to 9 or 10 feet. It is in a circle and has a current. There are tubes you can rent to go around that pool but we swam it instead. It was a really good workout! The third pool is really shallow and is pretty much for kids to play in the sand. After we spent a lot of time in the pools we went into one of the two hot tubs. It was REALLY hot but felt good. We then left and went back to the room to change. We had spent ages in the pool so we were hungry. We decided to walk over to the Boardwalk to get something to eat. After wandering for a bit we decided to go to this grill place and I had a really good quesadilla. When we were done we walked to Hollywood Studios to get the bus home.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through wdwip.com and I must say you really inspire me to apply for the CRP! I'm glad I found a recent blog as opposed to the older ones from a few years ago. As a vegetarian Canadian, I can totally relate to your entries.

    Hopefully I get picked as well and can live this amazing experience. It really seems like you're having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! The CRP is lots of fun. I just got back from a cruise today so there is lots to do.Send me a private message on wdwip if you have any questions and I can e-mail you.

    ReplyDelete