Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I know, I know!

So last week I got a message from Stephen asking (or more like telling) me to update this. I guess I will listen to him and tell you everything that has been happening the last month.

Wednesday September 23 – I was off so Craig, Kim and I went to Typhoon Lagoon. It was lots of fun especially since I have only been there for about half an hour with Sarah and David in July. We did everything, even spending quite a bit of time in the wave pool. Kim really liked going out to the deepest part but the waves were a little too strong for Craig and I. By around 2 we decided we were done and went to catch the bus. We were all hungry so we got off at Downtown Disney and went to Earl of Sandwich. This was my first time there and I can’t wait to go back again. They have gourmet sandwiches that are really good. It is hard to describe but I was pretty full after. Later that night Mel wanted to go to Carrabas so of course I went. It was so long ago and I have been there quite a few times I can’t remember who went that time.

Thursday September 24 – I was off again and it was the first day of the Spend a Little, Save Alot sale, Or SALSA sale. I went with Dan and Jeremy and bought a lot of stuff. It was at Disney’s World Wide of Sports which is one of the few places here that I’ve never been so it was cool to see. After the sale we went to Sweet Tomatoes, a fresh buffet style restaurant. They have a huge salad bar, lots of soups, fresh bread and a really good ice cream bar with fresh brownies. It is really vegetarian friendly which is the best part. A little bit after I got home I left again to go to Epcot with Mel (not room mate but a different Mel) and Rob to do a few rides and see the Cast Preview of the Food and Wine festival that is going on until November 8. When we got to Epcot we took the bus around to the front of the park and took a few pictures as we entered. We went straight to Test Track to get a fast pass since Rob had never been on it before. We then went to Club Cool which is a place to try pop from all around the world. Next stop was Soarin’ which had a really long line but since we share a break trailer with the cast members who work there we were able to get a special fast pass and bypass the line. I think that was Rob’s first time on it but I can’t remember. As usual it was excellent. Then we went to ride test track which was also really good. Finally we headed towards World Showcase to try some of the Food and Wine. (or just the food). We started at the Greece booth where I had a Spanikopita, yummy!! At that point DeAnna and Rhonda were off work so the 5 of us headed off around the world. I think our next stop was in Japan for some sushi. I was pretty mad that they didn’t have any vegetarian sushi at the booth. I think the next thing that I bought were perogies from the Poland booth. It was good but definitely not worth the money it cost. But since then some of us have had huge cravings for perogies. They are too good and I miss the fresh ones from Thunder Bay. After I went home a few of us watched the season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy! Yay! Then even later we had a throw in. It was very entertaining because we got a boy in merch (before it was just a ton of girls) and DeAnna did a hilarious dance for him. Here are the pictures from that day.

Friday September 25 – I worked 4 to 10 and then went over to Craigs to watch the first Halloween movie. Or I think that’s what movie it was. A couple of the new guys came by so I talked with them through most of the movie. Fine by me, I was scared and didn’t really to watch the movie.

Saturday September 26 – I worked 3:30 to 9:30. I can’t remember if I did anything later that night.

Sunday September 27 – I worked 10 to 4. After I got home I met up with DeAnna, Ashley and Dan who had hung out that day. We sat around for awhile and then decided to go to Cici’s Pizza for some food. Cici’s is a pizza buffet that is really cheap. It is also really bad so I don’t think I will be going back. We then went back to Dan’s and watched Howard the Duck (a weird movie from the 80's) before movie night. That night was Craig’s pick so we watched A Very Brady Sequel. It was fun to watch, and to heard all of Craig’s random facts about the Brady Bunch.

Monday September 28 – I worked 1045-7:15. I had a guest come and talk to me at the cart who said she had met my Aunt Bonnie. I don’t have an Aunt Bonnie so I was really confused. She started saying how she met her at the Disney Store in Toronto and it clicked. My mum has a friend, Joanne, who works at the Disney Store. She talks to people about how I’m working down here and when this lady asked how she knew me it was easiest to say I’m her niece rather than try to explain. The lady was really nice and we had a good talk about Toronto. I also had someone who is pretty high up in Epcot International Programs come to the cart and talk to Amanda and I. It was kind of cool to meet her and a few days later she sent us each a little gift. Mine was a notebook with an R on the front and a note from her. Later on was games night but I can’t remember what we played.

Tuesday September 29 – I worked 10-4 and brought a change of clothes to meet Mel and Alana to go around food and wine. We were standing at the Canada popcorn cart when someone came up to me and said my name, it was the lady from the day before who recognized me out of costume, though it took me a minute to recognize her. I feel so bad when that happens, but we see so many people for really short amounts of time so I can’t remember everyone. After that Mel, Alana and I went over to the American Gardens theatre and watched Richard Marx play. I had no idea who he was until he played his last song. The joy of one hit wonders! We walked around the world twice that night stopping to watch a lady make candy animals in Japan, watch the Canada video, take fun pictures at the Canada cart, belly dance in Morocco, play with drums at the African Outpost, play with puppets in Mexico and of course eating lots of good food. More pictures!

Wednesday September 30 – I was off and Mel, Alana, Jeremy and I went to Hollywood Studios. Mel and Jeremy had never ridden Tower of Terror so we took them on that. Jeremy was not impressed with us at all and kept telling us how much he hated us. But he didn’t chicken out and he survived. The picture of the two of them gripping each other is amazing. Next stop was Rockin’ Roller Coaster, this time it was Mel and Alana who had never been on. Alana was terrified to go on it but she also survived. We did a few other things at Studios but then decided to walk to Epcot to enjoy some more food and wine. Pictures from that day.

Thursday October 1 – I was off again and Rob, Mel (not room mate), Alicia and I went to Magic Kingdom. It was Walt Disney World’s birthday so we all wore birthday buttons. It is crazy how many cast members just see them and say Happy Birthday. I think we only had a few people all day who read it and commented. First we went up the Swiss Family Robinson Tree house. Then went on my favourite ride, The Jungle Cruise!!!! It is so corny I love it. Then we went to go watch the parade. I ran to get us fast passes for Splash Mountain. When I came back the special Snow White thing had started. Since they were celebrating the re-release of Snow White the parades were started with her and her prince in a carriage and the 7 dwarves and a little float promoting the movie. After that was over we got impatient waiting for the parade so we went and rode Splash Mountain. I love that ride! The timing was perfect when we got off because the parade was just reaching Frontierland so we got to watch it. We went and rode the Haunted Mansion and It’s a Small World. We then went to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz Lightyear and went and saw the Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor. That is also corny humour and interacts with the audience. We were hungry then so we wandered around for ages to get something to eat. But since there was a Halloween party that night most places were closed. I ended up just getting fries because there was nothing else for me to eat and the others had some chicken wings I think. Or something like that. I then helped Mel get her costume ready because she was going to the party and the rest of us headed home. I think I did something that night but I really can’t remember. One last batch of pictures.

I know I'm not all caught up yet but this is better then nothing. I need to put more pictures on facebook first.

No comments:

Post a Comment