Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Another Big Post

Wow I am really behind! It is hard to actually sit down and write about what I am doing. I’m going to try to remember as much as possible.

Wednesday September 16 – I originally was supposed to work from 3:30 – 9:30 but after our little appreciation thing on Sept 8th we had for all of the merchandise people, I switched to work 10-4. The show was at 6:30 so I changed at work and walked over to the Beach Club Resort to catch the bus to Downtown Disney. I had asked if Alana wanted to come see it so I met her there. I had seen Cirque when I last came down on vacation in 2008, but was too focused on understanding the story line (apparently there is one, but I don’t get it). So this time I didn’t even think about it and I enjoyed it a lot more. We had really good seats, I was in the front row and fairly close to the centre of the stage. Alana was right behind me. After Cirque, Alana and I walked around Downtown Disney for AGES! All of the merch people had decided to have a dinner since we haven’t all hung out and it would be fun. Unfortunately, since the last person working finishes at 10 we planned to have this dinner at 11. Cirque du Soleil is a fairly short show, so Alana and I walked around from around 8 until we met everyone at 11. It was fun though because there is a lot that goes on at night time that we could watch. There was a dance party going on at the stage they have. It was really funny to see some of the dances that people came up with. Of course we went into Ghiradelli’s for our free chocolate. Yum!

We met everyone at House of Blues for our dinner and had lots of fun. I had pasta that had a wine sauce, but instead of a pasta sauce it was more like a soup. It was good but the soup thing was just really weird so I don’t think I’ll get that again.

Thursday September 17 – I worked from 12:45-9:30. It was nice long shift. I like those shifts because they seem more useful. I usually get 6 hour shifts and they seem so short and pointless.

Friday September 18 – Day off!! Amanda, Katrina and I wanted to go to Animal Kingdom since there were a few rides there that they hadn’t done. We had a late start and finally got to the park after 12. We got fast passes for Everest, then went and rode Kali River Rapids. It was kind of disappointing because it was very hot and we didn’t get too wet. It was the kind of day I needed mum to be there because then we would have been soaked. We rode Everest, which they both enjoyed, then went and rode dinosaur. I love that ride, I think it is one of the few that still scares me. We went back and rode Kali River Rapids again, and again didn’t get that wet. Then we went on the safari. After then safari we decided we had done everything we wanted to do at Animal Kingdom and went to Hollywood Studios. The line for Tower of Terror was pretty long so we got fast passes and went and rode Rockin’ Roller Coaster. The line for that was pretty long so we went in the single rider line. By chance Amanda and I ended up sitting beside each other, so that was fun. Then Katrina and I rode Tower of Terror. I love that ride! That is the second ride that still scares me. Umm after that we did a few other things, the Muppet show, the Little Mermaid show AND meet Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars! I think that’s it. We then decided to head over to Epcot to watch Illuminations. We took the boat over then went and talked to some Canadians, watched Illuminations, then walked around for a bit. It was extra magic hours so things were open for resort guests and since we know the people in the Canada movie they let us watch it. That was only my second time watching it since I got here. We sat down on the side to watch it from a different angle. It is a 360 degree show so you are always moving to see everything around you. I love it! Martin Short is so funny in it and it makes me love Canada. (Yeah I have gotten very patriotic living here). After the movie we walked around for a bit then Amanda and I walked to the Beach Club to get the bus to Downtown Disney. We were meeting people there to go see Love Happens the new Jennifer Aniston movie. It was good, but not nearly as good as I was expecting it to be. Plus the theatre was freezing! I’m sick of the air conditioning down here! Here are the pictures from that day.

Saturday September 19 – Mel, DeAnna and I had made plans to go to Le Cellier to eat there. It is the restaurant in Canada and the number 1 restaurant in all of Walt Disney World. It just recently became number 1. It is really hard to get reservations to eat there and very rare that they allow walk ups. Luckily they were able to squeeze us in. Before we went there we went and got fast passes for Test Track. We then went and checked into the restaurant. We had some time before they started seating so we went and watched the Canada movie. Then we went back to the restaurant for a few minutes before they did their morning tradition of singing Oh Canada. It was a little weird to hear the real song because we have a variation that we sing at Throw Ins. We then sat down and tried to decide what to have for lunch. It was fun being cast members there because a lot of the people came to say hi and give us suggestions. Sadly for me, the only vegetarian option is gnocchi. We also got some cream cheese mashed potatoes, they were so good, and I could have eaten a huge bowl of them. Mel and DeAnna both got the cheese soup. I hear tons of people rave about it so I had to try just a spoonful. It has bacon in it so I tried to get a bit without the bacon. I think I would have liked the soup if it wasn’t for the bacon. The gnocchi was ok, but I am really picky about stuff like that so I probably won’t get it again. DeAnna got a couple of the desserts to try. One had too much maple in it, but the chocolate moose (yes, in the shape of a moose) was pretty good. After lunch, we were stuffed! We went and got fast passes for Soarin’ then went and rode Test Track. The timing was perfect so we rode Soarin’ after that. We then decided to walk around the world a bit. We stopped in Morocco to get a drink. While around Morocco we got really excited that we could watch Off Kilter (the Celtic rock band that Canada has). We were really upset when we remembered that they have Saturdays off. So we continued on our way and stop in the U.K. to visit with people we knew. When we stopped in we saw that Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger were there so we got in line to meet them. They had to go for a little break so we stood around waiting. The girl who was working with the characters was one of the least energetic cast members I have ever seen. She looked like she hated her job. Maybe she was having a bad day, but that makes me angry to see cast members like that. I think I may just have really high standards. After we met the characters we noticed that the British Invasion band was going to play soon. They are a band that dresses and plays a lot of Beatles music. We stayed for about half a song before leaving. It was a little too painful to watch. Then we went home. I don’t think I did anything that night. I was too tired from my days off. Here are the pictures from our day at Epcot.

Sunday September 20 – I worked 10:45-4:45. That night we had movie night and watched Super Troopers.

Monday September 21 – I worked 12:45-9:30. Games was that night and we played a question game. Everyone had a piece of paper and would write a question, we would then fold the paper over so the question was hidden and pass the paper to the next person. On the new paper we got we wrote our answer to the question we wrote, folded the paper again, and passed it on. We did this until the papers were full then read them out. Some of the questions and answers were pretty funny, but others weren’t.

Tuesday September 22 – I worked from 4-10. It was the first day of Autumn and crazy hot! I don’t think I did anything in the morning, but after work some people wanted McDonalds and I wanted ice cream so I went along. Sadly, they closed at 11 that night so we had to keep going to 7/11. On our walk there Craig, Kelly, Rob and I were talking about if we were in a horror movie who would get killed first. I got a banana popsicle at 7/11! It was sooooo good. I haven’t had one in ages.

Ok I’m going to stop there! I will try to update closer together!

No comments:

Post a Comment