Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm not so great with keeping this updated, sorry!

Saturday September 12 – Ashley, DeAnna and I drove out to the NASA Kennedy Space Station. Ashley rented a car so obviously we rocked out to some classic Disney music. I don’t even know how to describe the Space Station. I’m not a huge fan of space. I think it is a little bit of a waste of money. (sorry, but why do we need to know if there is life on Mars??) But it was really cool to go there. I learned a lot and have a ton of fun. When we got there the first thing we did was take the bus tour all around. It took ages but was really interesting. The bus stops at 3 different places. One to get a view of the building where they put a shuttle together with the rocket and the launching pads. The second has something about the first american mission into space (with people)... I think. There is also a shuttle and showing the first landing on the moon. The third stop is a building about the space station. There are windows into a big room where they are actually building stuff for the space station. We then took the bus back to the main center where Ashley rode the mission to mar type thing. She said they watched a few videos and then felt what it was like to launch to mars. While she did that Deanna and I went into a shuttle like the ones they use to take big pieces up to the space station and a little store and took stome pictures. When Ashley caught up with us we went into the main gift shop. Apparantly it is the biggest store with space souvenirs. We rushed through there quickly so we could catch the last Imax movie. We were in there so much longer than we needed to be because the cashiers were horribly, horribly slow! It was painful, even if we didn't want to get into the Imax. So we rushed over the the Imax building and got in. The lady said they were letting people in for two more minutes! Perfect timing! The video we saw was on the space station. It was in 3D and narrated by Tom Cruise. It was really good to see. After the Imax we left (because it closed at 5:30 and the show got out at 5:45). Our ticket also included entrance into the astronaut hall of fame but they closed at 6:30 so we would have only had 15-20 minutes in there. So instead we went to get something to eat. There wasn't too much on the road we were on so we decided on Denny's. I haven't eaten there in years but it was really good. We then drove home listening to some Disney music on my Ipod before putting it on the Hairspray soundtrack and singing along to that. I posted pictures so that will probably help things make more sense.

Sunday September 13 – I worked 10-7:15 and then went to movie night later on. We watched a movie called Bella that I had never heard of. I couldn’t stay awake to watch the whole thing but Dan has lent it to me so I will finish it.

Monday September 14 – I worked at 3:30 so Jeremy came over and we watched Dexter. A TV show about a serial killer. Sarah and Andy talked about it non-stop so I was glad to watch the first couple episodes. After work was games night. We played Things in a Box again which was lots of fun....even though I didn’t get any points :(

Tuesday September 15 – Dan, Jeremy, Heather and I went to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. It is a really good place that has a huge salad bar and lots of other fresh, vegetarian friendly food. PLUS we get a discount. There was lots of good food, including a sundae bar where Heather and I had ice cream with fresh brownies. Such a girl thing but it was really good. I then worked from 4-10 that night. Although it turned into later than 10 because TCR is a huge pain and breaks down all the time so we had to wait for food and beverage to finish before we could even start.

No comments:

Post a Comment