Thursday, September 10, 2009

Universal Studios

On Saturday I had the day off again so I went to Universal Studios with a few people. Since a new roller coaster has just opened we wanted to get there really early before the line was too long. It was a little tough getting up in the morning after the Halloween Party but Universal is worth it. We took the I-trolley there which is a bus that goes all along International Drive where a lot of tourist stops are. Normally the trolley is $1.25 (I think) But cast members get to go on for 25 cents! It isn’t as fast as a taxi would be but it is so much cheaper. When we got to Universal a few of us had to buy our seasons passes since it was our first time. We then went and got in the line for the roller coaster. Being at Universal always reminds me of how much I love Disney. Yeah most people are nice enough but they don’t have the guest service that Disney has and they don’t pay attention to as much detail. Their lines for rides are just plain lines while Disney themes the whole thing. Oh well, the roller coaster was AMAZING! When you get on the ride you pick what music you want to listen to. I chose “I Will Survive.” The ride starts by basically going straight up and then down a big hill. It doesn’t actually go upside down so there is only a lap bar! Eeek! It is a really big, secure one but still. The ride does go sideways a couple times though so it looks like it goes upside down. It was really fast and had quite a few hills. But it was amazing and I can’t wait to go on it again. It was definitely worth the hour wait. We then rode the mummy ride and decided to get something to eat. Then we rode the Jaws ride. Last time I did it, if you were on the left side of the boat you got a little splash (or at least that’s what I remember). That is not the case anymore. That shark pushes a HUGE wave of water over the side of the boat. I was on the far left so I had it all on my back (since I turned away when the wave came) and my shorts were soaked. Poor Fiona was really wet from the back but looking from the front it looked like she had an “accident”. We then waited for the Men in Black ride. It was a little chilly in there. We went over to do the E.T. ride but it was broken so we walked around their store. When we came out the ride was fixed so we rode it. But he didn’t say our names L We then decided that we had had enough so we left to walk to the bus stop. While waiting for the bus we tried to figure out where to go and eat and finally decided on Olive Garden. They have a special deal right now where you can get a bottomless bowl of pasta for $9!! I thought it would be just the pasta but we still got the soup or salad and bread! I love things like that where you definitely get your money’s worth. After dinner we caught the bus back to the outlet mall and walked to the commons.

I didn't take too many pictures, but here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment