Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

So like I said in my last post I was going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. After posting I straightened my hair and sat around for awhile. I then got into my costume to walk to the bus stop to meet some other people. I must say that wearing a Snow White costume in the beginning of September looks a little odd so I got some weird looks. At the bus stop there are a bunch of benches. There were a bunch of Japanese people sitting there. When they saw me they all oooed and ahhhed at me. One asked if I worked at the Magic Kingdom. I am assuming that they are new. I met Ashley (no costume) and Dan (ghostbuster!! woot woot!). We then had to walk to another apartment complex to get the bus to Magic Kingdom. That was pretty embarassing. Especially since we were early and had to wait for awhile. Anyway we ended up getting the bus and got off at the ticket and transportation center. It was not as embarassing there because there were more people who were heading to the party. We hopped on the monorail and then arrived at the Magic Kingdom!!!! I had seen the first bits of Halloween decorations when Uncle Mike and Auntie Mary were in town but there was much more! And there was smoke coming from by the train station.


ok, so we went through the little ticket booth and ran into other Canadians. We were then taking pictures of the train station when someone asked for Snow White. I turned around and there was a lady who was leaving the park. She said that they had been in the park all day and hadn't seen any princesses (she had 2 little girls) and would it be possible to take a picture of me. Obviously I said yes and I squatted down so the girls could stand with me. One girl came ran to hug me and nearly pushed me over. So the mom took the picture and they went away. That moment completely made my night. I would have been happy leaving after that.



Of course I didn't leave. We wandered around the entrance of main street to try to find other Canadians. We found them and started on our way! Our first stop was to get a group picture in front of the castle. Then we went to Mickey's Toontown Fair to start getting candy! On our way to Toontown we stopped for a picture with the White Rabbit and TweedleDee and TweedleDum. We continued on our way and went down the Alice in Wonderland candy trail. Since it was her trail we met Alice at the beginning. After that we walked around to get some more candy. Then settled down for a place to watch the parade from. It was an excellent parade! It starts with a headless horseman. There was also the groundskeeper and dog from the Haunted Mansion ride. Such a cute bloodhound! After the parade we got some more candy and then went over to Pirates of the Caribbean. There were so many of us we almost filled the boat. Then more candy and time to head over to Main Street to watch the fireworks. They were really good but not as good as Wishes (the normal, everyday Magic Kingdom fireworks). After the fireworks we went and rode the Haunted Mansion! It is such a good ride, but I think the best part was Dan (the guy who dressed as a ghostbuster) sat through the whole ride with his gun out and ready. When we went through the ballroom he shot at all of the ghosts. I really wish I could have taken a picture during the ride. Unfortunately though, he is not a very good ghostbuster since he only got 1. There are still 998 in the mansion. We got some funny pictures outside of the Mansion. We then headed back to Liberty Square to get ready for the parade. Yes, the exact same parade. We watched it twice! When the parade was over our big group split up. A few of us went into Fantasyland. We rode Peter Pan, and saw Mickey’s Philharmagic. While waiting for Philharmagic a kid came up to Dan and asked what he was. It made us feel really old since he had never heard of ghostbusters. I wanted to go and meet Snow White after but the line was really long so we just went and got more candy. The party was over then so we hopped on the monorail and took the bus home. The bus from Epcot had just gotten in when we got back to the commons so I got some more weird looks. The party was tons of fun and I am excited to go again when mum is here.

I have lots of pictures but posting them on here is a pain. Just go to facebook to look at them.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are having such a good time! i am going to be following your blog now!

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachelle. I hope things are going well for you

    ReplyDelete