Saturday, September 12, 2009

World Showcase, Movies, Games and Party

Sunday September 6 I worked until 4 so I decided to bring a change of clothes and wander around World Showcase. I wanted to take lots of pictures of the different pavilions and see the different merchandise they all had. I went slowly around Mexico, Norway and China. While in China I picked up a times guide (a little schedule Disney has telling the times of different shows and attractions) because I wanted to see the Voices of Liberty. They are an really good acapella group that does patriotic songs and some classic Disney songs. Their last show of the day was in about 15 minutes so I walked past Germany and Italy to get to the American Adventure in time. As usual the show was amazing. I started to head back to Germany but say that some really bad looking rain clouds were moving in. So I decided to skip those 2 pavilions and hurry through the rest. I just quickly took a few outside pictures of the others. Then took quite a few in the Canada pavilion. I then went backstage to get my things from my locker and went to catch the bus. As I was walking it started to rain. I was prepared and had my umbrella. The rain didn't last too long but I was already on the bus when it fully stopped. If I had known it was that short I would have waited it out in Epcot. Oh well. Once I got back to the Commons I took a lot of pictures on my walk to my apartment. Just to give people an idea of where I am living. People were home when I got back so I didn't take any in my apartment. Soon I promise. As usual, it is a huge pain to post pictures on here so go to facebook.

Sunday night a few of us decided to have a movie night. This turned into us watching "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" with Neil Patrick Harris. If you haven't seen this I suggest you find it online and watch it. It is HILARIOUS! Then we talked for awhile before deciding to watch "Best in Show." We half watching it, half talked through the whole movie but it was tons of fun. We are turning sunday nights into movie night! I'm excited because I love watching movies.

Monday I worked til 9:30. Later on I went to games night where we played Things in a Box. I'd never played it before and it was lots of fun.

Tuesday I started at 4 but there was a special merchandise party thing going on so Amanda and I went in early to get some free food. They had really good veggie burgers. They also had really good desserts. One was a 3 milk cake. It is basically pound cake with condensed milk, evaporated milk and whipping cream. It was SO good. It was sick how much of that cake I ate (I took leftovers home). I got the recipe so I will be making it in the future. oh! Also at the party I won tickets to go see Cirque du Soleil!!! It was really exciting, but most cast members are getting them. Oh well, they are free! I will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment